Skip to content
The White Hart, Foulden.
The White Hart, Foulden is the last remaining (functional) pub in Foulden having had up to 6 other establishments to compete against at one point in it’s history. Many of the previous landlords can be seen listed at www.norfolkpubs.co.uk and its history can be traced back to around the 1830s but the the flint and brick building is likely to be older. It wasn’t until the 1860’s that it got it’s name the White Hart.
Above – Thomas Dorman 1810-1892. Landlord of the White Hart, Foulden 1871. His father Robert Dorman 1785-1858 was landlord of the Bell, Foulden 1836.
Above – Tithe map 1836 showing the White Hart amongst the few buildings at that time.
Above – Listing from the 1950s Didlington Estate Auction Catalogue
The pub is now owned by Buffy’s Brewery and currently awaiting new management.